FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
ABOUT THE EXCELLENCE AWARDS
Entries, Deadlines, and Fees
The Excellence in HCM Spring Program is open from January 2, 2024 to April 12, 2024. Winners of the upcoming 2024 program will be announced in three webinars on Aug. 22, 2024. Organizations beginning with letters A-G should register here. Organizations with letters H-P should register here. Organizations with letters Q-Z should register here. A complete list of past winners is available here.
Fee: This program’s fee is 575 USD per entry.
The Excellence in Technology Fall Program is open from April 22, 2024 to September 12, 2024. Winners will be announced in a live webinar on December 4, 2024. A complete list of past winners is available here.
Fee: This program’s fee is 795 USD per entry.
Through the online application portal (in the last step).
Or send a check to (please notify us):
Brandon Hall Group, Inc.
455 NE 5th Avenue
Delray Beach, FL 33483
If you are paying by check please include a note with your company name, entry category, title, number of entries. If needed, you may request an invoice from Brandon Hall Group.
In the online entry form you are given the opportunity to decide whether or not you would like Brandon Hall Group to publish your entry. If you decide not to give permission for your entry to be published please click “No” when asked if you are giving permission to publish when submitting your entry form. If you select “No” – the information you submit will be kept confidential and will not be published in our member center.
All entries must be written in English.
You can enter in both the HCM Spring Program and the Technology Fall Program – either independently or jointly with a solution (technology) provider.
You may enter in the HCM Spring Program, however, you must enter jointly with your client organization. Solution providers cannot enter independently in this program.
The Technology Fall Program is for technology organizations and departments to enter alone or jointly with their client organizations.
Judging, Scoring, and Winners
Award winners are based on three levels: Gold, Silver and Bronze. Approximately 20% of entries will be awarded.
Judges score each entry, and then the judging and scoring are reviewed by Brandon Hall Group’s executive leadership team, led by Rachel Cooke. The level of the award is determined by the number of points. There is a point range for Gold, Silver, and Bronze. We don’t grade on any kind of curve – the point total determines the award level. That is why in some categories, there may be several bronzes, and silvers, but fewer golds. Or if a category is particularly strong, maybe more golds than silver and bronze. And some categories may not have any winners.
The judging panel consists of independent senior industry subject matter experts and practitioners, and Brandon Hall Group research analysts and executive leadership.
Apply to be a judge, click here.
Requirements to be a judge:
- Minimum of eight to twelve years of experience in the subject area.
- Not employed by a Solution Provider (Vendor) or helping organization.
- Fluent in English
Entries are judged by:
- Panels of independent senior industry subject matter experts and practitioners
- VPs, Directors, Managers
- Independent Instructional Designers and Program Developers
- University Professors and PHDs
Types of organizations include: (US and Global based)
- Government Organizations
- Military Groups
- Associations and Nonprofits
All judges are required to sign confidentiality agreement.
Each category has its own judging criterion that is unique to the program area.
Each of the entries will need to show examples of the following:
- Design of the programs or technologies
- The use and objectives of the program
- Overall benefits and measurable results
- Supporting graphics, demos, links and videos where appropriate
Please download our brochure for the full list of descriptions and judging criteria for each category. If you have additional questions, please contact us at: email@example.com.
Winners of the Spring HCM Program will be announced in a live webinar on August 22, 2024.
Winners of the Fall Technology Program will be announced in a live webinar on December 4, 2024.
Winners from both programs will also be honored at our annual HCM Excellence Conference.
A: This year we have an all NEW SUBMISSION PORTAL FOR 2024.
To access submissions or awards materials that you / your organization filed in previous years, please use the following links:
For the HCM Excellence Awards (Spring Program): https://webportalapp.com/sp/brandon-hall-group-hcm-excellence-awards_2023
For the Excellence in Technology and Excellence in Education Technology (Fall Program): https://webportalapp.com/sp/brandon-hall-group-tech-awards_23
IMPORTANT NOTE: You will need to log in using the same Profile (access details) that you used when you submitted your entry(ies) in the specific Awards Program.
Benefits of Participating
- Recognition at our Annual HCM Excellence Conference.
- Winners will be invited to speak in panel sessions.
- Discounted Excellence Conference pass rates.
- Digital Award Certificate.
- A digital logo that you may use in any way you wish.
- A Brandon Hall Group issued press release announcing the winners.
- Live online announcement event and inclusion in promotional mailings.
- Recognition on Brandon Hall Group’s web site.
- Recognition on Brandon Hall Group’s social communities – Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Entries may be included in Brandon Hall Group’s blogs.
- Entries may be included in Brandon Hall Group’s publications when appropriate and with approval.
- For solution providers that have submitted with client organizations – published case study entries with approval and opportunities for webinar sponsorship to share best practices.
- A certificate of participation in PDF format that you may use in any way you wish.
- Annual networking virtual forums designed only for award participants.
- Discounted Excellence Conference pass rates.